Family Equality Council, the national organization dedicated to connecting, supporting, and representing the one million lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) parents raising two million children in the U.S., today released details of "Family Pride" celebrations scheduled across the country throughout June.
"Pride celebrations are increasingly attracting LGBT families," said Family Equality Council Director of Programming Brent Wright. "As a result we have planned special family programming for parents and children in several cities including Boston, Washington D.C. and the Twin Cities."
The Family Pride events include:
- LGBT Adoption Info Night, June 9, 6pm-8pm
- Boston Pride Festival: June 9, 12 noon – 6 pm (Family booth for parents and kids)
- Pride Family Dance: June 9, 5:15pm-8pm at Hyde Community Center, 90 Lincoln St, Newton, MA - Music, dancing, and fun for the whole family
- North Shore Pride: June 30, Salem, MA - Non-denominational prayer service, parade, festival, and after party
- DC Pride Parade: June 9, 4:30 pm - Come view the parade and cheer on the marchers
- DC Pride Fesitval June 10, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Pennsylvania Ave and 7th St, NW - Family Booth, Family Photo opportunity, Free T-Shirts
- Gay Pride: Sharing Our Families' Stories: June 16, 10:00 am – 12 noon, Hennepin County Central Library, Doty Room, 300 Nicollett Mall, Minneapolis, and via livestream at www.rainbowrumpus.org. Music, books, storytelling, celebration of LGBT-headed families.
- Pride Picnic: June 17, 11am-2pm, East Picnic Pavilions, Como Park, St. Paul, MN
- Pride Festival: June 23, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm and June 24, 12 noon- 6:00 pm, Minneapolis, MN - Visit the family information booth and march with us in the Pride Parade